Uncover the hidden musical knowledge of your Supportive Living Facility residents by participating in our 2019 Music through the Decades Trivia Competition! Each year we search for something fun that will
challenge our residents in a new way. This year we’re testing your musical memories and exercising your brains with trivia! We’ll test your knowledge by focusing on trivia related to music through the decades!
Contestants will be asked to compete in local and regional trivia matches with the top three teams from each region moving on to the state championship, which will be held in Springfield on May 23, 2019!
STEP 1: SIGN UP TEAMS
- Trivia participants must currently reside in an Illinois Supportive Living community.
- Participants will form teams composed of two to three residents and each team is encouraged to have one to two alternates. Alternates may participate during any of the competitions whenever an original registered team member is unable to participate.
- Each team that wants to participate in the Trivia competition must register online by January 31, 2019.
- Each community shall include a $75.00 payment for registration. The $75 payment covers all teams from the community.
STEP 2: COMPETE AT YOUR SL COMMUNITY
- Communities will first be required to conduct a local Trivia competition at their SL community. The top team will advance to a regional competition.
- A minimum of two judges will be required for each trivia contest.
- The local trivia contest will consist of 15 rounds. The first question will be read to the first team.
- Each team will write down their answer and assign a point value (1-15). Each point value can only be used once. Download Point Sheets.
- Teams will have a time limit of 1 minute in which to answer the questions correctly.
- The team with the most points at the end of 15 rounds is the winning team. No team is eliminated until 15 rounds are concluded.
- A judge will come around and collect the answer sheets and read the answers aloud.
- If the team answers correctly, they earn the allotted points. If the team does not answer correctly, they will not earn the points.
- Repeat this process for each team for 15 rounds. The team with the most points at the end of 15 rounds is the winning team. No team is eliminated until 15 rounds are concluded.
- If at the end of 15 rounds there is a tie for first, the match will become a single-elimination tournament. The teams that answer correctly in each round will move on to the next round. The teams that do not answer correctly will not move on to the next round. The last team remaining is the winning team. You must complete each round before a team is eliminated.
- The questions will be selected randomly from the provided lists by the judges.
- The winning team will advance to regionals if they specified they would like to compete in regionals. If some team members do not want to compete in regionals, the alternates that are listed on the registration form may compete.
- If a team does not wish to advance, the second place team will advance.
- Regional trivia contests will be held between April 1, 2019 and April 26, 2019. Specific dates and locations for regional trivia competitions will be announced at a later date by AALC. AALC has defined the regions based upon geographic proximity.
- The regional competition will follow the same format as the local competition.
- The top teams from each region will advance to the state finals in Springfield, IL on May 22, 2019.
- These top teams will compete during the first round of the state trivia competition on May 22, 2019 in Springfield. The top four teams from the first round of the state trivia competition will then move on to the final competition, which takes place the next day on May 23, 2019.
REGIONAL COMPETITION DEADLINES
- Send an email with the local winning team name and team members to email@example.com by March 29, 2019. Please indicate if the team wishes to compete in regional and state competitions.
- Regional trivia competitions will be held between April 1, 2019 and April 26, 2019. Dates and locations for regional trivia competitions will be announced at a later date by AALC.
- The top three teams from each region will advance to the state finals in Springfield, IL on May 22, 2019.
ADDITIONAL TRIVIA RULES
- The trivia lists for all contests will be taken from several books, available for purchase on Amazon.com. These books will be listed on the AALC website. The local and regional trivia contests questions will be emailed to the staff member that is provided on the registration form.
- Only the local trivia questions can be used during the local trivia contests.
- Regional trivia contest questions will be taken from both local and regional lists.
- The state contest will use questions from the local and regional sources. In addition, never before seen trivia will be included!
- AALC reserves the right to use never before seen questions in the case of a tie.
- Team members are permitted to discuss the answer amongst each other. However, only one person will be permitted to provide the written answer to the hosts.
- If the team provides an answer that is similar to the correct answer, but is not an exact match, the judges will determine if the provided answer is correct.
- At no time during the trivia contests will participants be permitted to use smart phones or any other aids or devices that may assist the team in correctly answering the question. If an audience member gives audible help, the team will be given a new question to answer.
- Any deviation from these rules must be discussed with, and approved by AALC to avoid disqualification.
- Have FUN!
Book Title: Rock Trivia Madness
Book Title: Rock & Roll Trivia 1950's - 1980's
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org