Click here to download/print the event brochure
Register online at leadingageil.org by Thursday, November 8, 2018
Direct questions about this event to: email@example.com - 630.325.6170
Supportive Living Success is a regularly scheduled training workshop for providers involved with the Supportive Living Program (SLP). These training workshops provide valuable information on relevant topics related to the SLP.
Experts in the field, including SLP providers that have successfully developed best practices in their industry, conduct the training. Topics presented contain information that can be used by operational and approved SLP providers. In addition to the training content, ample opportunity for questions and answers, as well as discussion by and among participants, will be provided.
These workshops are being sponsored by LeadingAge Illinois and the Affordable Assisted Living Coalition (AALC).
Who Should Attend?
This program has been developed specifically for both operating and approved providers of supportive living in Illinois, including but not limited to, Executive Directors, Administrators, DONs, Business Office Managers, and corporate staff.
9 00 a.m. - 9:15 a.m. Opening Remarks
9:15 a.m. - 10:45 a.m. Just Another Manic Medicaid Discussion
10:45 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Break
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Is Your SLP a Dope Joint? What You Need to Know About Medical Marijuana in Supportive Living
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Lunch
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Staff Assessment and Performance Coaching for the Small-Medium Sized Community
2:00 p.m. - 2:15 p.m. Break
2:15 p.m. - 3:15 p.m. Hearing Loops: To Hear Every Word3:15 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. Break
3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Protecting Your Business & Residents from Cybercrime
Just Another Manic Medicaid Discussion
Faculty: Matt Werner, Werner Consulting, Wayne Smallwood, ED, AALC
- Understand the current state of the pending crisis, provisional eligibility, Koss lawsuit, etc.
- Learn the status on Medicaid Managed Care and the delayed expansion
- Become aware of the status of food stamps and other SLP issues
Is Your SLP a Dope Joint? What You Need to Know About Medical Marijuana in Supportive Living
Faculty: Meredith Duncan, Shareholder, Polsinelli, PC
- Define and describe Illinois law and other applicable guidance regarding medical marijuana
- Examine how applicable medical marijuana laws translate to Supportive Living
- Explore recommended policies and best practices for handling medical marijuana in your community
Staff Assessment and Performance: Coaching for the Small-Medium Sized Community
Faculty: Sue Bultman, Senior Consultant, KEES Heather Eddy, President/CEO, KEES
- Assess current performance improvement process and determine its strengths and gaps
- Redefine or develop a Staffing Assessment/Performance Coaching tool that will help associates at all levels of the facility or community
- Learn how to give consecutive feedback on real-life situations that frequently occur in our communities
Hearing Loops: To Hear Every Word
Faculty: Dr. Thomas Thunder, AuD, INCE - Audiologist and Acoustical Specialist, Assistive Hearing Systems, LLC Steve Thunder, BSE, President, Acoustic Engineer
- Understand the impact of hearing loss on communication, the quality of life, and memory loss
- Explain how hearing aids work, what they can do, and what they cannot do
- Discover what hearing loops are and how they work with hearing aids, iPhones, and over-the-counter receivers to greatly enhance a person’s ability to understand
Protecting Your Business and Residents Against Cybercrime
Faculty: Mike Bruening, Sr. Advisor, Better Business Bureau
- Jessica Tharp, President, CEO, Better Business Bureau, Serving Central Illinois
- Discover the five-step plan for cybersecurity at your business
- Understand the types of Cybercrime impacting businesses, including senior living
- Learn about internet scams and fraud targeting seniors and their families
LeadingAge Illinois/AALC Member Rate: $149 per person
Non-member Rate: $299 per person
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a registration form to register by fax/mail. Identify in the subject line: Supportive Living Success.
No refunds will be made after Thursday, November 8, 2018. Cancellations on or prior to November 8 will receive a refund less a $20 administrative fee. All cancellation requests must be made in writing. Fax cancellation requests to 630.325.9273 or email to email@example.com
Continuing Education Credit
LeadingAge Illinois, as an approved sponsor of continuing education through the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, will provide the following professionals licensed in Illinois: nursing home administrators, nurses, clinical social workers/social workers, registered and certified public accountants, physical therapists/physical therapy assistants, occupational therapists/occupational therapy assistants, and professional counselors/clinical counselors with up to 5.5 continuing education credit hours.
When offering CE credit, LeadingAge Illinois must abide by the rules and regulations of all applicable professional accrediting boards and agencies. As such, LeadingAge Illinois cannot provide full CE credit to participants who arrive late or leave early. All other professionals are encouraged to submit detailed information on the session attended (LeadingAge Illinois brochure and handout materials) to your own professional organization for consideration of continuing education credit. Credentialing bodies and licensing boards have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses.